Fanfare Ciocarlia, Central Park - 7.14.2013 | 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm - SAVE THE DATE
We all heard about the bad gypsies of Romania, the swan eaters, the "S'il vous plait, Messieurs, Mesdames!", the pickpocketers. That is hardly a throughout description of a people with such a rich culture. If you really want the real gipsy experience, listen to their caravan music. Their are the best in live representations. concert will be anything but boring: nothing is stable and every new interpretation is unique. There is no score; the notes come from the heart. There are no rules. The music breaths through trumpets, trombones, tubas and woodwinds, a violent, liberating rhythm for which Romani music is so well known, impossible to replicate even by the most virtuous artists at the Philharmonic.
Photos from the band's website
- It was called the one of the world’s greatest live band
- It sang at Pulitzer and Nobel Peace Prize galas in 2012
- Wall Street Journal is in love with their music
- City Park Foundation wrote: "put simply: "nobody does it better, harder, faster, funkier than Fanfare Ciocarlia"
- They have performed at the best prestigious philharmonic halls in the biggest capitals of the world
- Their "effortlessly and beautifully “Gypsify” any music they get their horns on" (like the James Bond Theme)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FanfareCiocarlia
Web Page: www.asphalt-tango.de